Tyler is a former 3 year college football starter. He played wide receiver for Arkansas Tech University. It wasn’t until Tyler signed to play with Tech that he took weight lifting seriously. On the day he began he forever fell in love. After his junior season he decided to enter the competing world and did not play his final season. Tyler started off competing in the mens physique division taking 1st overall at the St Louis Pro in 2015. In 2016 Tyler moved to the classic physique division and won 1st overall at the Mr Arkansas state show. Tyler is now working toward competing in the super heavy-weight bodybuilding class. Tyler graduated from Arkansas Tech with a bachelors of science. Tyler is also a competition prep coach with successful clients all over the world. His team, Prestige Physiques has seen many wins in the last few competition seasons. Helping people reach their goals in the fitness world is something Tyler is very passionate about. Tyler has learned so much in the industry but knows there is so much more to learn as he calls himself a forever student.
Tyler is on a 5 day on 2 day off split during his offseason. On all sets he does 5 sets with the reps of 15,12,10,8,6. You want to fail at the reps you are aiming for. However, if you have more in the tank when you meet the reps you were shooting for, DO MORE! Tyler also throws in lots of super sets to maximize his lifts.
- Squats with full depth
- Hack Squats full depth superset w/ Sissy Squats
- Leg press Feet close superset w/ feet wide
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts 1 sec hold at bottom
- Seated Leg curls 1 sec hold at top and bottom
Tuesday Back w/light Bicep work
- Wide grip lat pulldowns superset w/ straight arm rope pushdowns.
- Barbell rows with a 1 second pause on the ground superset w/dumbbell rows.
- T bar rows 1 sec pause at top and bottom of rep (fully stretch lats out on these).
- Rack pulls from right below the knee.
- Dumbbell alternating curls superset w/ rope curls
Wednesday Chest w/light triceps
- Barbell incline press 3 sec pause at bottom.
- Incline Cable flies.
- Incline dumbbell press superset w/ banded smith machine bench press.
- Pec Deck (triple drop set on these 10,10,10,failure… 2 sets!).
- Rope pushdowns separate rope at bottom.
- Rope pushdowns keep rope together
- Machine tricep press
Thurday Hamstrings w/light quads
- Box Squats (box below parallel).
- Seated Leg curls superset w/ lying leg curls.
- Straight leg barbell deadlifts 1 sec pause at bottom.
- Jefferson squats.
- Leg press feet close and low.
- Leg extensions 2 sets to failure.
Friday Shoulders & Arms
- Dumbbell lateral raises superset w/ barbell front raises.
- Bent over rear lateral raises.
- Machine laterall raises one and a halfs (one full rep followed by a half rep).
- V bar pushdowns superset w overhead cable tricep extensions.
- Alternating seated dumbbell curls superset w/ standing concentration curls.
- Smith machine close gripe press
- Barbell curls to the nose
- FST 7 style machine cable curls
Tyler is currently taking the following supplements
A typical day for Tyler would look like the following
- 7 AM 1.5 cup of oatmeal, 2 bananas, 1 cup egg whites, 6 oz steak, 2 tbsp honey
- 10 AM 8 oz chicken 2 cups white rice
- 1 PM 8 oz lean turkey 1 bagel, 2 tbsp preserves, 2 tbsp almond butter
- 4 PM (1 hour before workout) 1 muffin
- 20 mins before workout 1 scoop green magnitude, 1 scoop white flood or white rapids
- INTRA WORKOUT 2 scoops purple wraath
- POST WORKOUT 1 scoop green mag, 2 scoops of Pro nom, 2 tbsp of honey, 1 cup of oatmeal blended
- 7 PM 8 oz beef 2 cups white rice
- 9 PM 8 oz chicken, 12 oz sweet potato, 2 tbsp honey
- 11 PM 6 whole eggs, 6 oz steak, 1 cup oats